Monday, March 09, 2009

Portland Gets a Bad Rap!

Cascade Web Development is a Portland, Oregon custom internet development company, and we are PROUD to say it! This week I was traveling to the East Coast to visit a few of our clients in Boston and New Hampshire. I walk into the office of Tyler Kipp, the head of Nordica online and he says "Hey Fritz, you have to see this. Guess what the #1 most depressing city in the U.S. is?" You guessed it, Portland, Oregon. He proceeds to give me hell because I always tell him how good life is on the West Coast and how miserable New Hampshire can be sometimes.

Well, I am writing this article to set the record straight, and show you how stupid the people are that write these things.

If you saw these two images (which they use in the article) what are the first things that come to mind?


The first one, might be something like this:
"Wow, you mean in Portland they actually designed the buildings to complement the exterior environment? Mt Hood looks like another tower in a modest skyline."
OR
"Wait, so I can leave my office and be 6,000 feet up on that mountain in 1 hour?"

The second one might be something like this:
"What is so depressing about a free jazz festival on a sunny day?"

Read the rest of this off-base article.