Saturday, November 21, 2009

Here's why Portland inspires innovation

I am headed to PDX last night with my mother in law to pick up my nephew. We pull into short term parking and there is this little sign that says "follow the green light." First, there is a little digital board above your head as you drive under the all to close concrete beams. The sign has a green number for the number of open spots in that row. Yes seriously. Then you keep driving and there are these little green and red lights above each spot. Clearly, green light means the spot is open; Red means, well get the point already I presume.

Simple, not in your face and fun to interact with. We strive for the same thing when designing our applications, but I humbuly admit that we probably don't get it this simple and this easy very often.

No comments:

Post a Comment