Thursday, July 21, 2011

cascade's New Project Manager

After a vigorous hiring process, cascade is welcoming Chris Hammond aboard as our newest project manager!  Along with fellow project manager Kyle Bridges, they will be the Batman and Robin, the peanut butter and jelly, the Corona and lime, or whatever other great combination you can come up with to describe their dynamic dual punishment of pending projects!!

In an interview to determine the origins and psyche of this newest force at cascade, Chris has the following to say:


Last movie you saw in the theater - The opening night showing of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - I’m not what you’d call a Harry fanatic, but I can’t resist a good story coupled with pop culture frenzy. 

Dream aspirations as a kid - I used to participate in lots of theatre as a kid, so becoming a performer was appealing. I started to become interested in politics as I grew older, and public service was and still is something that inspires me. 

If you could be any superhero, who and why - Batman is pretty cool. He has all the material wealth you could want, but has experienced firsthand what it’s like to be hungry. He relies only on his physical abilities and tech know-how, plus he gets to fight some crazy villains that challenge him both physically and mentally. 

Free trip to anywhere in the world, where and why - I’d love the chance to bum around Kauai for a while, geologically the oldest of the Hawaiian islands and full of unparalleled beauty. 

Ever been in a fight, if so who started it - My twin brother and I have had some epic battles over the years, and I think we’re probably 50/50 as far as starting them. He’s the best person to fight with, though, because the fights are over about as quick as they start and things instantly return to normal, often to the dismay of witnesses. 

Favorite restaurant in Portland - The late Doner Kabob, creator of the delicious sandwich that tasted “like a gyro, only better”... I hope it returns. 

Biggest fear - Neglecting to let those I care for know it.

Nickname you had growing up - When my brother and I were about three years old, someone asked our names and we replied, “Jeff and Bonk”. I was Jeff. He was Bonk. I still don’t know where we came up with that... 

What attracted you to working at Cascade - I appreciated the edge, vision and simplicity of the company. Cascade prides itself on creating long-lasting relationships with its clients, which was appealing to me. These guys work hard and have vibrant lives on and off the train.   

Career goals - I’d like to get into public service someday. I also intend to be a change agent that helps small businesses, particularly in the Northwest, thrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment